Friday, August 21, 2009

Say Hello to Carol McPhee

RL meets Author Carol McPhee-

Bio: Carol lives in Nova Scotia, Canada, with Karl, her husband of forty-seven years. With their four children grown and flown, there is time to enjoy researching locations that will give authenticity to her stories. As soon as she finishes one story, another is burning in the back of her mind, its characters prodding her to let them out.

1. What do you want readers to take away from your book?
Primarily I would like the reader to take away a sense of time well spent reading my work and the knowledge of having learned new things, whether from settings that transported the reader into the scenes or in facts previously unknown.

2. Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously?
None So Blind and Be Still, My Heart! were written from sketchy outlines, but Undercover Trouble practically wrote itself. Each morning I had no idea what I would write until I sat down at the keyboard. It was such fun to let my mind run rampant that I’ve followed that course ever since.

3. What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages?
I hope my characterization appeals enough to make the readers care what happens to each character involved, to become so wound up in the conflict that each reader is driven to keep reading.

4. How can readers learn more and get in contact with you?
They may visit my website at: http://www.geocities.com/carolmcphee2003 and leave their contact information in my guestbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment