Monday, September 28, 2009

Anthony Miner speaks...

Anthony Miner - Writer, Poparazzi, Cultural junkie, Vegetarian


Book – If You Like Chocolate Eat Chocolate –

What do you want readers to take away from your book?
As an author I always want my readers to walk away with my message. As I wrote each chapter, each sentence and word I consciously thought about what I wanted the reader to think and feel. For example, in my current book If You Like Chocolate Eat Chocolate, the message I’m conveying is that we all like what we like. Be it the food we eat, the place we vacation to or the relationship choices we make, we all like what we like. And who has the right to say to another person they are making the wrong choice in their personal relationships.
The other message in my book is to see yourself and your life choices for what they actually are. If you are in an unhealthy relationship according to your morals and standards, and not based on the standards of others, then you see your relationship for what it’s worth; and not what you imagine it to be. You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.

Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously?
I am a big believer in outlines - I always use an outline whenever I write. In fact, I’ll do several rewrites on the outline first. I start with a working outline of all the chapters. Then for each chapter I write a summary, again I’ll do several rewrites, then lastly I get into the meat and potatoes of the story I want to tell in each chapters. Once I feel I have flush out all my thoughts and have a written manuscript – then I start over again and go through each chapter and do more rewrites. After that I hand it over to an editor who corrects misspelled words and grammar… Then finally off to the publisher… Yay.


What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages?
One of the many ways I can hook my readers to want to turn the pages is to fill my book with truths and sincerity. I don’t betray my reader s with filler non – sense words and sentences. In other words I respect my readers intelligent, therefore I won’t cheat them. Another way to capture the reader is to lead each chapter with something enticing, by posing questions and/ or scenario that craves them to want to read more.

How can readers learn more and get in contact with you?
I welcome any reader to contact me – I can be reached at
anthony@ifyoulikechocolate.com – And my book If You Like Chocolate Eat Chocolate is available at amazon.com - or at any online book retailer.

Web Site –
www.ifyoulikechocolateeatchocolate.com
Blog - www.blogcatalog.com/user/Diggidee
Column – Melrose Heights Magazine – Ask The Cultural Junkie
Twitter -
http://twitter.com/anthonyminer
Facebook - www.facebook.com/anthony.miner

No comments:

Post a Comment