Monday, September 28, 2009

Tim Steely...a great author

Timothy Stelly, author of Human Trial, a sci-fi noir story; the first part of a trilogy. I am a poet, novelist, screenwriter and essayist from northern California. I consider Human Trial is my first novel. I have written more than 350 essays for Useless-knowledge.com and e-zinearticles.com—from social and political issues to film noir history. I have contributed several poetic pieces to Oysters & Chocolate and is currently working on rewrites of his first two novels, Tempest In The Stone and The Malice Of Cain, which were “published” by Publishamerica.

What do you want readers to take away from your book?
The main questions posed by HUMAN TRIAL is whether or not man has the capacity to put aside individualism and do what is best for the entirety of mankind? Could we, if faced with annihilation, put aside our fears and prejudices and fight for our survival?
Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously?
I’ll have a general outline, and I find that I stray from it in the middle of the book, but by the conclusion I am back to using the outline. During the rewrite, I find that my stories usually expand by about 15%.
What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages?
The believability of the characters and the issues the book raises. I wrote it as a provocative piece, that asks, in short What would YOU do? There is also a mix of drama, romance and the study of group dynamics. Most people who’ve read the book wrote that they felt as if they were right there with the human survivors.
How can readers learn more and get in contact with you?

I can be reached by e-mail at stellbread317@gmail.com. My articles also appear at useless-kn owledge.com, about once per month. I have a website currently in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment