Monday, October 5, 2009

Get to know C.M. Albrecht...

C. M. Albrecht-

Bio: I presently have seven novels, all in the crime genre. The Little Mornings, Marta’s Place, The Albemarle Affair, The Reception, Music, Evidence and Still Life with Music. Some are in print, some coming in print, all available as e-books.

I always wanted to write, but for many years I had too many other activities going on; a good excuse to put off writing. Once I really got started, I found I loved it.

1. What do you want readers to take away from your book?

I hope the reader will not only learn something or gain a new perspective, as well as come away with a sense of satisfaction. I hate when a book (or movie) leaves things up in the air. When I want “real life”, I read the newspapers.

2. Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously?

Actually, I do sort of use an outline, but it’s in my head. I always have a pretty clear idea of the ending, so I know my destination. But instead of taking the freeway, I take the “scenic route”.I learn new things about the characters and the story as I go.

3. What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages?

I try offer interesting characters and to keep things moving, with a periodic brisk change of scene and atmosphere, like stopping and taking a fresh breath. When you watch a movie, you instinctively know when the director allows a scene to drag on too long. A good director knows when to yell, “Cut!” Same with a book.

4. How can readers learn more and get in contact with you?

I have sites at
http://www.crimespace.ning.com as well as others. By searching for C.M. Albrecht, you can bring all these up along with info about my novels. Readers are certainly welcome to contact me at: pplepic@yahoo.fr
I’m happily married and not looking for any personal relationships, but questions, comments or suggestions about writing are certainly welcome. My one piece of advice to anyone who is trying to get published would be: Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment