Thursday, October 15, 2009

Marilyn Meredith speaks to us...

F. M. Meredith a.k.a. Marilyn Meredith
No Sanctuary, the latest in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series.

Bio:
Marilyn Meredith is the author of over twenty-five published novels, including the award winning Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery series, the latest Kindred Spirits from Mundania Press. Under the name of F. M. Meredith she writes the Rocky Bluff P.D. crime series, No Sanctuary is the newest from Oak Tree Press. In order to write the Rocky Bluff P.D. series, she's done several ride-alongs and draws on experiences related to her by her friends and relatives in law enforcement, though she always reminds everyone she is writing fiction.
She is a member of EPIC, Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers of America, and on the board of the Public Safety Writers of America. She was an instructor for Writer’s Digest School for ten years, served as an instructor at the Maui Writer’s Retreat and many other writer’s conferences.


What do you want readers to take away from your book?
When I began writing the Rocky Bluff P.D. series my goal was to let the reader see how the what happens on the "job" affects the family and what happens with the family affects the "job." With any of my books, what I truly want is for the reader to enjoy learnng about Rocky Bluff and the people who live there, and to be caught up in whatever mystery or crime is going on.

Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously?


I do not outline the way some authors do. Because I'm writing a series, the world my characters live in is already created, many of the characters are ongoing, though different ones may have starring roles depending upon the book. In No Sanctuary the romance between Detective Doug Milligan and Officer Stacey Wilbur doesn't have much of a chance to develop as they investigate the murder of a popular minister's wife.

What I do when starting a new series book is decide what kind of crime I want the characters to face and what new characters need to be created--and because the Rocky Bluff P.D. is always a centerpiece, there will be more than one problem to be faced both on the job and in their personal lives.

What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages?
My intention was to create enough suspense to entice the reader to want to find out how the mystery will be resolved and what will happen in the characters lives.

How can readers learn more and get in contact with you?

To learn more about me and my books, visit my website:
http://fictionforyou.com
No Sanctuary is available in all the usual places on line including Amazon.com and the publisher's website: http://www.oaktreebooks.com under the Dark Oak label, and is also available on Kindle.

Autographed copies are available through my website:
http://fictionforyou.com

I have a blog:
http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com where I post nearly every day, writing tips as well as things I've been doing.

Thank you for interviewing me.




Marilyn...my pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment