Sunday, August 9, 2009

Meet Tinisha Nicole Johnson (author/writer/poet)

Tinisha Nicole Johnson is an author, writer, and poet, and resides in Denver, Colorado. Tinisha is a versatile author and has written various books in different genres. Her newest non-fiction book, Lessons Learned: Loving Yourself As A Black Woman releases January 2010. Besides writing, Tinisha hosts political and sports teleconferences as a profession. Visit the author at her website: www.tinishanicolejohnson.com

What do you want readers to take away from your book? I want them to be entertained first and foremost. I also want to leave readers thinking about my book days after putting it down. It’s important for me to connect with readers on a deeper level. I want them to get to know me through my writing and characters.

Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously?

I used to not believe in outlines, but I am now a believer. I’ve come to learn that my writing is more organized and that I’m able to finish my book quicker if I have some sort of outline.


What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages?

I make sure there is constant action throughout my book. I also write in different genres, and I know readers find this interesting. I’ve written mystery, romance, inspirational, mainstream, poetry, and self-help.


How can readers learn more and get in contact with you?

Readers can contact me at my website: www.tinishanicolejohnson.com



Thank you Tinisha for taking time out of your schedule to let us know more about you. Readers: Leave a comment and enter a weekly drawing to win a free copy of my debut novel, The Last Ms. Understanding

Thanks again Tinisha... -RL Taylor







No comments:

Post a Comment