Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mary Jo Kelso....

Mary Jean Kelso -
Most recent releases are: Life on the Homestead through Wings-press.com and Andy and Spirit in the Big Rescue through Guardianangelpublishing.com
I am an award-winning author (Best Spot News 2008 from The Nevada Press Association) who writes in a variety of genres. It is easier to tell you what I don't write than what I do. I do not write vampire stories, science fiction or torrid. What I write is "life." Originally I started out writing children's picture books but had little success. So I went to YAs. Then adult historical romances and now have found abundant success with children's picture books.
1. What do you want readers to take away from your book? It is my hope that people will like my characters and relate to them. I enjoy history and love researching how people lived in the "Old West." Weaving little tidbits of reality into the fiction makes it more fun for me and, I hope, for my readers.
2. Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously? I have never like the constraints of outlines. Normally, I write spontaneously but often, once the text is written, make a list of what occurs in each chapter to make sure everything is in the proper order. I guess you could say my stories are character driven. That way I get the fun and surprises as the writing flows that I hope my readers get later on.
3. What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages? If I've done my job right, they will become involved with the individuals in the book and want to know what happens to them and how they get out of whatever trouble they're in at the time.
4. How can readers learn more and get in contact with you? They can go to one of my websites, www.authorsden.com/maryjeankelso or http://www.andyandthealbinohorse.blogspot.com/, there are also interviews on http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/, http://www.wings-press.com/, http://www.guardianangelpublishing.com/ or many others listed on Google. Amazon.com displays all the covers of the books as they come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment