Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sophia Simmons, tell us more...

Sophia C. Simmons, author of “Love Again” ISBN #978-0-981-9195-2-2


BIO:Sophia Simmons is a native of Pasadena, California. She has studied creative writing, journalism, and telecommunications, but found her heart to lie in writing real to life drama, romance, and poetry.
For over ten years Sophia remained in a marriage that began to guide her life down a path of despair. Instead of being beaten those unfortunate years, she strives to keep her eyes off of her own struggles and pours herself into writing and those in need around her. In her experience she has volunteered in teen ministries, groups for co-dependency, in shelters, missions, and is currently volunteering as a victims advocate. It is her soul's purpose to inspire people that you can heal, and life can be lived to the full, no matter what has happened in the past.

What do you want readers to take away from your book?


I want to people to finish reading my book and posses a sense of inspiration and hope. Understanding that no matter what has happened in your life you can have a prosperous future, by looking and learning from errors and making different or better choices when faced with the next life challenge.


Are you a believer in outlines, or do you write spontaneously?
I have an idea of where, what, and who, then I just write it. I'm not against outlines, but I've not used one. You find what works for you and you go with it.


What do you think it is about your book that will keep readers turning the pages?
Man. My book is so universal. There's drama, comedy, sex, romance, love, compassion. It is such a compelling whole and complete story. The chapters I get the most feedback on are the ones that exhibit the domestic violence. They are very real and I'd close my eyes to remember those times, then wrote them as if I were still there. My thoughts, struggle, and personal pain are all there, so the reader is there feeling it with me. Those were difficult chapters for me to write, but I knew it was necessary. One of my readers told me, “Sophia, I felt like you took me by the hand and I was walking with you. I could see everything so clearly.” I just loved when she told me that, because that's the whole premise of a good book. Also in contrast there are some very comedic characters who do some way out there funny stuff and people love those too.


How can readers learn more and get in contact with you?
You can find me at
www.SophiaSimmonsOnline.com, there's a lot of information there. Including a video trailer, professional and readers reviews, “Love Again” tour dates, all kinds of stuff. Or Google me, I'm all over the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment